Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 25 m servings 316
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 2 1/2-pound steak)
- Combine oil, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Cut shallow slashes in a crosshatch pattern on both sides of the steak, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place steak in a low, flat dish and pour marinade on top, covering meat completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight, turning steak over once.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Remove steak from the marinade and place on a baking pan. Reserve marinade.
- Broil, brushing occasionally with marinade, until browned and heated through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove steak to a platter and cover loosely with foil. Let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice into 1- to 2-inch strips across the grain.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Cook steak on the grill if preferred. Grill directly on the grate, brushing occasionally with the marinade.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 316 calories; 20.2 4 28.2 51 775 Full nutrition