Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 440
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Rinse rice in a colander until the water runs clear. Let soak while you prepare the rest.
- Mix lemon juice, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a small bowl. Rub over chicken thighs.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add the oil when pot is hot. Add seasoned chicken to the pot and sear, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Melt butter in the pot, add onion, and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, watching carefully as it will brown fast. Add oregano, thyme, dried parsley, paprika, and remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder. Mix well. Add rice and roast, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot completely. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken in a single layer; add any liquid made while resting.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Let rest for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley when serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use chicken drumsticks instead of thighs, if preferred.
- Watch the garlic carefully when cooking. I sometimes turn the pot off or lift it up when cooking minced garlic.
Per Serving: 440 calories; 19 41.6 23.8 84 919 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1