Instant Pot® Chicken and Wild Rice Bowls
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 385
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil in the pot until hot and add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn the pressure cooker off.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot and stir in apple, rice, cranberries, thyme, salt, and pepper. Place chicken thighs on top of the rice mixture, but do not stir. Close and lock the lid; set the pressure valve to Sealing. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 15 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a cutting board and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces. Return to the pot and stir. Garnish with parsley and serve in bowls.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If there's too much liquid after cooking is complete, just turn to the Saute function and cook down for a few minutes. If you'd like a little more liquid, stir in some chicken broth. Just adapt to your preference.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 12.8 44.2 24.3 60 123 Full nutrition