Ground Beef Empanadas
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 214
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 empanadas)
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, and sofrito in the hot oil for about 2 minutes. Add ground beef, sazon, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and cumin; cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add olives and sprinkle with adobo to taste. Remove from heat.
- Place empanada discs on a flat surface that has been lightly dusted with flour. Roll the sides of the discs out slightly. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of the meat filling into the center of each disc. Wet the edges of the discs with water and fold each into a half-moon shape. Pinch the sides of the empanadas closed using a fork.
- Deep-fry empanadas in the hot oil until golden brown, working in batches if needed, about 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any kind of oil that you prefer for frying.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 11.7 21.1 7.2 14 563 Full nutrition