Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 25 m servings 377
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 8-inch cheesecakes)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Unwrap 1 package of caramels and place them into a large glass bowl; add water. Microwave on high power, stirring once, until caramel sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes. Let cool a bit, about 5 minutes, so it doesn't cook the cheese or eggs when you add them.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla extract to caramel sauce and beat together using an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing just until blended; do not overblend batter as it will introduce too much air into the cheese mixture and will cause the cake to crack as it bakes.
- Pour batter evenly between the pie crusts. Melt remaining caramels in a microwaveable bowl in a microwave, in 10-second increments, 30 seconds to 1 minute total. Drizzle on top of pies, dragging a knife across the lines of caramel to marble the cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the centers are almost set, about 40 minutes. Let cool, 20 to 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, to overnight if you can.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can alternatively use 1 cup caramel spread, which requires no other preparation.
Per Serving: 377 calories; 23.2 37.6 6.6 83 331 Full nutrition