Blueberry Lemon Cake with Buttercream Frosting
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 679
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 8-inch layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter and sugar three 8-inch round nonstick cake pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Mix in lemon juice until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing until fully combined. Alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk with the mixer set to the lowest speed. Mix until batter is smooth, scraping the bowl down occasionally. Use a spatula to gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill the prepared cake pans evenly with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the pans, about 30 minutes.
- While cakes are cooling, beat butter for frosting in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed. Reduce speed to low and add confectioners' sugar a little at a time, alternating with splashes of milk and vanilla extract. Mix until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting over each of the cooled cake layers and stack; then frost the sides.
You might also like
Per Serving: 679 calories; 29.2 100.9 6.6 134 408 Full nutrition