Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 190
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place water and grits into the bottom of a slow cooker. Let grits settle to the bottom; use a strainer to fish out any grits that float to the top. Add salt. Stir or whisk well.
- Cover and let cook on High for 2 hours, stirring well after 1 hour to avoid clumps.
- Stir in milk, heavy cream, and butter. Mix well. Cover and continue to cook on High until grits have a fairly thick, creamy, uniform consistency, about 30 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a small or medium slow cooker.
- You can use stone-ground grits instead. If using stone-ground grits, remember to soak them overnight before cooking. Do not use instant grits for this recipe.
- Depending on the texture and flavor you desire, add the milk to even out consistency and give the grits a richer flavor (this is particularly good when making shrimp and grits).
- Your grits might not take a full 2 1/2 hours to cook. Just remember to check and stir after 1 hour, and to add milk, heavy cream, and butter, when about 30 minutes of cook time is left.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 4.3 32.7 4.6 14 315 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1