Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 155
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 ensaymada)
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in 1/2 cup water.
- Combine remaining water, egg yolks, flour, 1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup melted butter, milk, and salt in a bowl. Stir in yeast mixture until a dough forms. Transfer to a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth, elastic, and no longer sticky, adding more flour as needed.
- Place dough into a greased bowl and let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Divide dough into 1-ounce balls. Roll out each ball into a thin rectangle and brush with remaining 1/3 cup melted butter. Roll dough lengthwise and shape. Place onto a baking sheet. Cover and let rise until light and dough is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and easy to pick up off of the baking sheet, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush warm tops with melted butter, dust with sugar, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Serve warm.
You might also like
Per Serving: 155 calories; 8.3 17.6 2.7 73 136 Full nutrition