Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 25 m servings 374
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 empanadas)
- Mix butter and cream cheese together in a bowl. Stir in flour until dough comes together and forms into a ball. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover; cook, stirring frequently, until apples are the consistency of chunky applesauce, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 10 pieces and roll into balls. Roll out each ball into a 3- to 4-inch circle with a rolling pin. Fill one side of the circle with apple filling. Moisten edges lightly with water. Fold dough over the filling and press edges together to seal.
- Arrange empanadas on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough is golden, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The number of empanadas you get depends upon how thick you roll them out and how thin you stretch them over the filling.
- Baking time depends on your oven and altitude.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 24.7 35.5 4.2 68 198 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1