Smothered Pork Chops in the Oven
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These chops are definitely food for the soul. And let's face it, there's nothing better than a plate of "reminds me of home" comfort food to warm the body or lift the spirit. You can't get more comforting than smothered pork chops in the oven. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh corn on the cob. The extra sauce from the chops can be used as gravy for mashed potatoes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 564
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 pork chops)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to bubble, being careful not to burn. Stir in minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pork chops and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a large baking dish, leaving pan drippings in the skillet.
- Bake chops in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add sour cream to the skillet and whisk together with the pan drippings until smooth. Add canned soup and whisk until incorporated.
- Remove chops from the oven and pour sour cream-soup mixture over top. Return to the oven and bake until chops are no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sauce. The actual amount of sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 564 calories; 44.7 12.3 28.5 130 951 Full nutrition