Tortellini Alfredo with Shrimp
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I was looking in the freezer trying to figure out what to make for supper when I saw tortellini and shrimp, so I thought that it would be good in an Alfredo sauce. The smaller the shrimp, the better the blend. I posted this recipe on our local TV station's site and it went nationwide. I have also received 5-star reviews on this recipe. I serve this at our local Elk's club."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 611
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Thaw frozen shrimp in a colander by running cold water over them.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 4 minutes, making sure not to overcook.
- Combine remaining butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, and leek in a saucepan over medium heat. Let simmer until melted and mixed well, about 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Let Alfredo sauce simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Add tortellini and heat through, about 5 minutes. Toss shrimp into the sauce, coating well. Top with parsley and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a bag of frozen shrimp that has a 91-110 count. You can use fresh shrimp instead, just make sure to peel and de-vein before cooking. Can also substitute chicken for the shrimp.
- You can use fresh tortellini instead of frozen.
Per Serving: 611 calories; 46 28.9 22.4 245 590 Full nutrition