Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 398
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook penne in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes less than package instructed cooking time, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in the hot oil, 4 to 5 minutes. Add turkey bacon and saute until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon and set aside. Add Swiss chard and kale to the same pan and saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Crumble bacon, return to the skillet, and reduce heat to low.
- Whisk ricotta cheese, soy milk, eggs, egg yolks, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk reserved pasta water slowly into egg mixture to temper eggs. Remove the skillet from heat and toss in cooked pasta as you pour over the egg mixture; heat from pasta will gently cook eggs and create a sauce. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any type of spelt or brown rice pasta that you like. Just remember to cook brown rice pasta 4 minutes short of package cooking time.
- You can use almond milk instead of soy, if preferred.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 10.4 64.1 12.7 142 233 Full nutrition