Air Fryer Okra "Fries"
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"I love the taste of deep-fried okra. Sometimes though, I want to limit my carbs, so I make okra "fries". They give me the flavor of fried okra, but with far fewer calories, and much less fat. Okra "fries" are a tasty snack and they can be an interesting veggie side for dinner. I love to munch them, plain, as a snack. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 103
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wash and dry okra, trim stems and tips, and slice in half, lengthwise. Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoned salt.
- Put okra slices, cut-sides down, in the basket of an air fryer, in batches if necessary, and cook until crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Depending on your air fryer you might not need to preheat it.
- Always check on the progress of the okra "fries", because air fryers are different from brand to brand and larger okra pieces will take longer to cook than small pieces. After 12 minutes, check to see if your pieces are too brown. Continue cooking, if desired. If after 15 minutes, there is not enough crunch, add 1 to 2 minutes.
- This recipe is easy to customize: Use a purchased seasoning blend, or make one up, your choice! Want some heat? Add a little cayenne! Use purchased ranch dressing, ketchup, fancy mustard, or anything you like as a dip!
Per Serving: 103 calories; 3.7 16.2 4.6 0 248 Full nutrition