Harissa and Lemon-Pepper Wings
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 276
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Mix together lemon-pepper seasoning and 1 tablespoon harissa paste in a bowl. Pat dry the wings and place in a resealable plastic bag. Add seasoning mix, close bag, and shake, massaging the seasoning until every part of wings is well coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove chicken wings from refrigerate and allow to come to room temperature while oven preheats.
- Whisk remaining harissa paste and honey in a small bowl until fully mixed.
- Place wings, meaty-sides up, on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each wing. Baste exposed sides with harissa-honey sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn each wing and baste with remaining sauce. Bake until wings are cooked throughout and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and turn on the oven's broiler. Crisp wings under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, if desired. Top with fresh lemon zest before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I used homemade lemon-pepper seasoning for this recipe (my recipe is on this site). Dry the zest of 2 organic lemons, add 1 tablespoon (or more to taste) multicolored peppercorns. Grind in a food processor fitted with a blade. Add 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic and 1/4 teaspoon dried onion. Pulse until fine and combined completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Use within 2 weeks.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 13.1 23 15.4 47 1753 Full nutrition