Homemade Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Beat the store-bought stuff in nutrition and flavor by making your own lemon-pepper seasoning. Dried lemon peels, multi-colored peppercorns, dried garlic, and onion are all you need to make this versatile blend of aromas. Use as a dry rub on chicken, marinade, or addition to your favorite vinaigrette. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h servings 11
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the lemons. Peel away the zest from both lemons using a vegetable peeler, making sure not to get any of the pith. Spread out peels in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peels have curled up and dried, about 30 minutes. Turn off oven and allow lemon peels to cool inside turned off oven, propping the door open with a wooden spoon to allow moisture to escape, about 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely before proceeding to the next step.
- Combine dried lemon peels and peppercorns in a food processor fitted with a blade. Blend until coarse. Add dehydrated garlic and onion. Blend until fine and thoroughly combined.
- Remove and allow to rest for a few hours before using so flavors can meld.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If your lemons are very small, use 3.
Per Serving: 11 calories; 0.2 4 0.4 0 2 Full nutrition