Brenda's Red, White, and Black Chili
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"For years, I made chili from one of those packaged mixes until my favorite one disappeared from the grocery shelf. This recipe is the result of trial and error using whatever I had on hand. The result is a no-fuss chili that's easy enough to do any night of the week. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, chopped onions, and shredded cheese, with bread sticks and corn chips on the side."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 453
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until well browned, dry, and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in beer, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and gochujang. Add cannellini beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and thyme. Stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until flavors come together, 60 to 90 minutes. Season with salt during the last 5 or 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have gochujang, increase chili powder to 4 tablespoons and add a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Chili can be thinned with a bit of chicken stock if it's too thick.
- For a special twist, omit the beans from the recipe and layer warmed refried beans, cooked chili, corn chips and shredded cheese in individual crocks and bake in a 275-degree oven until cheese is melted.
Per Serving: 453 calories; 18.5 40.7 27.5 68 742 Full nutrition