Air Fryer Salmon Nuggets
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside, these salmon nuggets are finished off with a sweet chipotle-maple drizzle. These make a great appetizer and are also tasty served over greens. Try and find center-cut salmon filets that are at least 1-inch thick. I usually buy extra salmon, and trim off the thinner outer edges, saving for another use. I like to use a Misto® sprayer with my own oil, but feel free to use regular cooking spray."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 364
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine maple syrup, chipotle powder, and salt in saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Place croutons in the bowl of a mini food processor; pulse until crushed into fine crumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Whisk egg in a separate bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Sprinkle salmon lightly with sea salt. Lightly dip salmon into egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Coat salmon in crouton breading and shake off extra. Set on a plate and mist lightly with cooking spray.
- Spray basket of the air fryer with cooking spray. Place salmon nuggets inside, working in batches to avoid overcrowding, if necessary.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 3 minutes. Gently turn salmon pieces, spray lightly with oil, and cook until salmon is cooked throughout, 3 to 4 more minutes. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with warm chipotle-maple syrup. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Keep nuggets warm in an oven on the lowest setting while air frying remaining nuggets.
- You can also serve the chipotle-maple syrup on the side as a dipping sauce.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 16.4 27.2 25.8 115 353 Full nutrition