Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 67
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cannoli cups)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roll pie dough out to desired thickness. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over one side and firmly press into the dough. Place a nonstick mini cupcake pan on top of dough for an outline. Cut out dough cups using a knife or biscuit butter. Press dough pieces into the mini cups; do not grease.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough has slightly puffed and is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Place into a plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, cut a small hole in the corner tip of the plastic bag and pipe into pastry shells.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Drain the ricotta cheese as much as possible. If you have a full day, strain through cheesecloth overnight.
- Do not put filling into shells until ready to serve, as soggy shells are a cannoli's nightmare. Add extra chocolate chips or pistachios if desired.
Per Serving: 67 calories; 3.7 7.1 1.5 3 53 Full nutrition