Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 384
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato paste, onion, parsley, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, thyme, and cloves in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine beef, crackers, eggs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, and thyme in a bowl. Form into large meatballs and place into a broiler pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and no longer pink in the centers, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to sauce and continue to simmer, 2 to 2 1/2 hours more.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Serve sauce and meatballs over cooked spaghetti.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 teaspoon garlic salt instead of fresh garlic, if preferred.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 11.2 47.6 23.4 86 759 Full nutrition