Swedish Chocolate Balls (Chokladbollar)
Ingredients30 m servings 130
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add oats. Toss and shake until fragrant and lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder, salt, cayenne, butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and coffee in a bowl. Add the oats and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Portion dough into balls using a sorbet scoop. Roll balls in grated coconut and transfer to a parchment-lined baking pan. Let them firm up in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Chef's Notes:
- Both regular coffee and espresso work here.
- The sugar will add some grittiness to the overall texture. For something smoother, cream the sugar with butter first or just use powdered sugar.
- You can keep these in the fridge and let them sit out a bit before eating so they're not completely firm.
Per Serving: 130 calories; 8.8 12.8 1.5 8 27 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Chef John is the best. We’re working our way through some of his recipes this holiday season, and loving each one!
Loved the ease. Love coffee but didn't like the taste of it in this? Smell was great - taste too bitter for me. Probably just preference. Will try again without the coffee and I'm sure it will b...