Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 497
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk sesame oil, canola oil, and soy sauce together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add tuna steaks and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Mix together toasted and untoasted sesame seeds on a rimmed plate.
- Remove tuna steaks from the marinade and dip in sesame seed mixture until well coated on sides and edges. Discard remaining marinade and seeds.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Add tuna steaks and sear for 45 seconds on each side, and 20 seconds on each edge. Remove tuna to a plate and cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove tuna from the refrigerator and cut into thin slices.
- Combine coleslaw mix, bell pepper, and vinaigrette in a bowl; mix until well combined. Transfer to a large rectangular serving plate and top with shaved cucumber and sliced tuna. Place pickled ginger in one corner of the plate and wasabi in another corner.
You might also like
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
- Consuming raw seafood may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
Per Serving: 497 calories; 30.3 23.2 29.3 54 1231 Full nutrition