Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 589
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Stir mushrooms, tomato sauce, olives, and garlic into the skillet. Crush stewed tomatoes into smaller pieces and add to the mixture. Season with salt and white pepper. Let simmer, uncovered, until liquid reduces, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise; cut into 1/2-inch slices and add to the skillet. Cook, covered, until firm yet tender to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese and cook, covered, until melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Add your favorite cheese to this dish.
- It seems like a lot of onion. However, as I said previously, my wife loves this and she hates onions. It melds with the other ingredients and is not a prominent taste in the dish. I wouldn't make it without them. We also use about double the cheese I listed in the recipe, but we love cheese.
- Sometimes we omit the olives or mushrooms if we do not have them on hand, but prefer it with them.
Per Serving: 589 calories; 37.6 24 41.8 133 1308 Full nutrition