Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 410
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 bites)
- Rinse beef and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into 24 cubes. Place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and quickly sear on 2 sides only until deep golden brown, about 4 minutes; do not overcook. Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they start to brown and release liquid, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic; continue cooking until liquid has evaporated from the pan and shallots have softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll 1 sheet of pastry into a 10x14-inch rectangle. Put 12 teaspoon-sized mounds of mushroom mixture onto the pastry, evenly spaced in 4 rows of 3. Top each mound with 1 piece of beef, seared-side up. Cut pastry into 12 even squares around the meat and mushrooms. Working on 1 square at a time, pull 2 opposite sides of pastry up and over the filling, then fold the ends over the top to make a packet. Place seams-side down on the prepared baking sheet and press lightly to seal pastry. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet, beef, and mushroom mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove to a serving tray and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 410 calories; 29.2 20.5 15.7 40 152 Full nutrition