Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 317
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rub 2 tablespoons butter over the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Whisk 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and allspice together in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the bottom and sides of the cake pan. Arrange blueberries evenly over the bottom.
- Combine remaining butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well. Beat in lemon juice and zest on low speed.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in another bowl. Add to the butter mixture in 3 batches, alternating with milk, beating on low speed after each addition until batter is well combined.
- Spoon batter smoothly and evenly over the blueberries in the pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake and invert onto a rimmed platter or serving dish.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 12.8 49.1 3.9 55 182 Full nutrition