Pumpkin Tortilla Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Pumpkin, Rotel®, and other Southwestern flavors combine with tortilla strips and Monterey Jack cheese to make a hearty, satisfying soup. The optional garnishes allow you to personalize your soup, with any combination that strikes your fancy. Take some of everything, or just what you like!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 318
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place diced tomatoes with chiles, pumpkin, fire-roasted tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and garlic into the bowl of a food processor and puree until texture is uniformly smooth, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Pour pureed mixture into a 6-quart pot and add chicken broth, bouillon, cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to boil, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer, 45 to 60 minutes. Add chicken and simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line half sheet baking pans with parchment paper.
- Brush each tortilla with oil on each side, slice into 1/2-inch pieces, and spread onto the prepared baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with tortilla strips and Monterey Jack cheese. Top with sour cream, avocado, lime, jalapeno, and cilantro as desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any oil of your choice.
- If your family loves heat, then amp up the chili powder and use hot Rotel®. If your family prefers a milder soup, leave out the chili powder and use mild Rotel®.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 15.9 27.1 18.8 44 1052 Full nutrition