Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 5 m servings 591
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 beef Wellingtons)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, sear steaks in hot oil until browned, about 90 seconds per side; insides will still be raw. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the outsides of the steaks and transfer to a baking dish. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over very low heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in pate until completely mixed; cook until all moisture has evaporated and it starts to stick to the pan. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate stuffing 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry and place 4 steaks on top. Cut out the pastry around each steak, leaving 1 1/2 inch border on all sides. Remove the steaks. Repeat with the remaining sheet of puff pastry and steaks.
- Place a spoonful of stuffing down the center of a pastry piece, set a steak on top, and spread another small spoonful of stuffing on top; press down gently. Fold pastry around the steak, overlapping as much as possible and squeezing dough tightly to seal. Turn pastry over and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry squares, stuffing, and steaks.
- Bake in the preheated oven, checking after 20 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and steak reaches desired doneness, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Pastries can be frozen prior to cooking for storage.
Per Serving: 591 calories; 39.4 31.9 27.7 83 872 Full nutrition