Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 394
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place onions into the bottom of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Pour melted butter and broth on top.
- Mix garlic, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika, and smoked paprika together in a small bowl. Stir into onions. Place chicken on top of the onions.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 9 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and onions to a plate. Select Saute function to bring juices to a simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Sift flour into the pot and stir until no lumps remain and sauce has thickened a bit, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream by the spoonful, stirring to incorporate. Cancel Saute function. Return chicken and onions to the pot. Select Warm function to heat through, about 5 minutes. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use white or yellow onions. If you chop them into large pieces, they hold up better.
- Feel free to substitute any spice or seasoning blend for poultry seasoning.
- Make sure to release pressure naturally; do not rush, as this will make the chicken rubbery and tough.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 30.9 14.4 16 100 486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made no changes to the recipe and it was amazing! Whole family loved it and said it was definitely a "keeper". I will definitely be making this again!!