Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 1065
Original recipe yields 2 servings (4 stuffed squash halves)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice a small piece off the rounded side of each acorn half so it will sit evenly; place on the prepared baking sheet, flesh-sides up.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove squash and reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until until browned and just done, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl and keep warm. Drain and discard grease from skillet. Melt butter in the skillet, then add celery and onion. Saute until onions are soft and transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Stir sausage into the mushroom-onion mixture. Turn off heat and mix in 1/4 cup Cheddar-Jack cheese. Divide mixture evenly amongst the 4 squash halves and sprinkle with remaining Cheddar-Jack cheese. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cooks Note:
- You can use any type of bulk sausage ( sage, hot, or spicy), depending on your taste.
Per Serving: 1065 calories; 72 65.2 45.6 195 2526 Full nutrition