Vegetarian Mexican Breakfast Casserole
8 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is my vegetarian version of a Mexican breakfast casserole based on items I usually have in my fridge. Since I rarely keep cream or half-and-half, I decided to try cream cheese and was pleased with how it worked out. I think this recipe would lend itself well to different vegetables or adding meat."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 407
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Toss potatoes with butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 8 minutes.
- Place cream cheese into the bottom of a large bowl. Pour hot potatoes on top and mix gently until only a few lumps are left.
- Heat milk in a microwave-safe container in a microwave until warm, 30 to 45 seconds. Stir gently into potato mixture until well combined. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic salt, pepper, and marjoram. Fold in Cheddar cheese gently. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and golden, about 45 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 407 calories; 30.4 13.8 19.9 286 898 Full nutrition