Frosted Lemon Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 194
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Combine butter and sugar for cookies in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Mix in cornstarch. Add flour, lemon juice, and lemon peel; beat on low speed until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into a 2-inch diameter log. Wrap in waxed paper and chill in the refrigerator until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool, 8 to 10 minutes more. Repeat with remaining dough.
- While cookies are baking, combine powdered sugar, butter, lemon peel, lemon juice, and food coloring for frosting in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting onto cooled cookies. Let frosting dry completely before storing.
You might also like
Per Serving: 194 calories; 12.9 19 1 34 91 Full nutrition