Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 333
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a separate pot over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion in the oil until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes, adding 1/4 cup water if it starts to burn. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add butter and let melt, about 1 minute.
- Cook flour in the hot butter for about 2 minutes. Stir in basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Pour in milk and turn heat up to medium, continually stirring. Cook until sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes; reduce heat to low, making sure it does not boil. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Stir in chicken and peas and heat through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain water from cooked pasta and transfer pasta into the sauce; stir to combine.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use however much pasta you want, any type! My favorite is spelt pasta. It tastes like white pasta, but it's as wholesome as whole wheat!
Per Serving: 333 calories; 18.6 18.8 22.2 72 187 Full nutrition