Creamy Chicken Alfredo
"I learned how to make creamy chicken Alfredo from my dad who has always been an incredible cook and amazing teacher. Chicken Alfredo was always my favorite. A lot of the recipes I see that are worthwhile are too much work because you have to make your own sauce, and those that don't have you make your own have no flavor. This recipe shows you how to take plain, bland, store-made sauce and make it more than restaurant-worthy."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 833
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook thin spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Alfredo sauce to the chicken along with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion, basil, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne. Bring to a slight boil; stir in Parmesan cheese. Cook mixture until cheese is melted and you are able to lift a spoon out of the sauce without cheese hanging onto it, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes. Add broccoli to sauce.
- Drain cooked pasta. Scoop into individual serving bowls and pour sauce on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can replace fresh onion with more onion powder, if preferred.
- Season chicken as desired. The seasonings are more of an estimate, you can use as much or as little as you want, as well as the Parmesan cheese. I suggest buying 2 different flavors of Alfredo. I usually use the Classico® brand and buy 2 jars of the sun-dried tomato flavor and 2 jars of a more spicy flavor, which is also why I add the Parmesan, as it offsets some of the heat.
Per Serving: 833 calories; 47.1 66.9 37.1 108 2768 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1