The Original Camarones a la Diabla
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Camarones, spice, and rice are the stars of the show in this Mexican-inspired dish. Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with orange wedges, Cotija cheese, and/or chopped fresh cilantro."
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 166
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add dried chiles; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until peppers are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Blend chile mixture, orange juice, and bouillon in a blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve set over a bowl; discard solids.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and black pepper. Rinse and dry the skillet. Heat butter and oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook just until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a bowl.
- Add sauce to the skillet; simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp; simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of guajillo chiles, you can use more ancho chiles or any of those sweet, smoky chiles you find at specialty markets.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 5.3 9.5 20.2 177 502 Full nutrition