Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 meatloaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine water and lentils in a heavy pot, cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are soft, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Remove lid, but do not drain. Set aside.
- Combine bell pepper, carrot, onion, and celery in a food processor; pulse until veggies are cut into very small pieces. Remove vegetables to a large bowl. Add lentils to the food processor and process until pureed; add to vegetables.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper to the vegetable-lentil mixture. Mix ingredients together with your hands until well incorporated. Shape meat and vegetable mixture into a loaf and place in the middle of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove foil and bake until top is browned, 5 more minutes. Top with tomato sauce and bake 5 minutes more. Garnish with parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 cup ketchup instead of tomato sauce for the glaze.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 15.8 30.4 29.2 102 748 Full nutrition