Instant Pot® Harissa Hummus
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Classic hummus made from dried chickpeas in your Instant Pot® with the kick of harissa, the smoked pepper paste from North Africa. Serve with warm flatbread or veggies. You can even add some to your soups for a twist in flavor. The hummus can be served immediately or refrigerated to help flavors meld."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 165
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Soak chickpeas in water for about 2 hours, rubbing occasionally while soaking to help remove the outer skin. Discard any skins that come loose. Drain chickpeas.
- Combine chickpeas, water, and vegetable broth in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Strain chickpeas, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking liquid. Set aside 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas for garnish and transfer remaining chickpeas into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Blend until creamy adding more liquid if necessary. Mix in 5 teaspoons harissa paste and salt.
- Scrape hummus into a bowl. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon harissa paste and swirl with a knife, but do not mix in completely. Sprinkle with the reserved, whole chickpeas. Serve at room temperature.
You might also like
Per Serving: 165 calories; 8.7 17.1 5.5 0 203 Full nutrition