Tomato Bisque on Steroids
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 341
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large, tall pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are slightly opaque, 5 to 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes, being careful not to brown garlic.
- Pour in 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Stir in paprika, cayenne pepper, and chipotle pepper. Add rice and reduce heat to medium-low or low to maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until rice is tender and celery has softened, about 45 minutes. Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in heavy cream and sugar, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and remaining can of crushed tomatoes. Cook over medium heat until warmed through, 5 to 7 minutes. Ladle soup into warm bowls. Spoon remaining cream in spirals on each bowl and top with basil.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use regular or smoked paprika.
- Check flavors and add what you need. You can cut the heat by adding more cream if you went overboard. Make it the way you want it!
Per Serving: 341 calories; 18.6 41.3 8 54 1248 Full nutrition