Easy Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 548
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Add celery, carrots, onion, and bell pepper. Stir using a wooden spoon until vegetables begin to soften, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic to the pot and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add butter and stir until melted and coating all the veggies, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Add potatoes and flour; stir until veggies are coated and are beginning to form a creamy texture, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in water, cream of chicken soup, lemon juice, chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pot. Simmer soup, uncovered, until broth is reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, open biscuits and slice each piece of dough in half. Add biscuit pieces to the top of the soup. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove cover and turn each biscuit over. Cover the pot and simmer 8 minutes more. Serve in bowls with biscuits on the bottom.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use cooked chopped chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, if preferred.
Per Serving: 548 calories; 25.8 48.2 30.8 83 1954 Full nutrition