Gluten-Free Pumpkin Scones
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 281
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves in a large bowl. Grate frozen butter into flour mixture and blend with a pastry blender until flour is crumbly with pea-sized crumbs.
- Combine pumpkin puree, 1/3 cup heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Add to the crumb mixture and mix into a soft dough.
- Lightly sprinkle counter and hands with flour and turn out dough onto the counter. Shape into a small, 1-inch thick rectangle, slightly smaller than a sheet of paper. Cut rectangle in half using a knife or a pizza cutter, then cut each half into 6 triangles. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- While scones are cooling, combine confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice for glaze in a bowl and whip until smooth. Add glaze to a small resealable plastic bag, snip off one corner, and drizzle on top of cooled scones.
You might also like
Per Serving: 281 calories; 13.7 38.9 3.3 53 380 Full nutrition