Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 705
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat milk and butter for dumplings in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine flour, baking powder, parsley, and salt in a bowl. Stir in club soda and milk mixture until dough forms a ball, making sure not to overmix. Cover dumpling dough and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Combine chicken stock and cream of chicken soup in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add chicken, potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper, peas, lemon, and thyme. Poach until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate to cool; transfer vegetables to a bowl, leaving stock in the pan. Discard thyme and lemon.
- Boil remaining stock over medium-high heat until reduced by 1/3, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour cream into a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced by about 1/2, 7 to 10 minutes. Whisk into reduced stock. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop cooled chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir into stock mixture and add chicken and cooked vegetables.
- Bring soup to a simmer over medium heat, adding more stock if necessary. Drop dumpling dough by teaspoons into the mixture. Cover and let simmer for 7 to 8 minutes. Serve hot garnished with parsley and green onion.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use white button mushrooms instead of morels, if preferred.
Per Serving: 705 calories; 41.2 62.5 24.1 160 1422 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1