Banana-Almond Streusel Bundt® Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 596
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 fluted tube cake)
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and toast slowly, watching carefully and stirring constantly until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool, about 5 minutes. Chop into coarse pieces.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, flour, white sugar, and cinnamon for streusel in a bowl. Blend using a pastry blender. Stir in almonds gently and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease and flour a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and whip until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix bananas into batter on low speed until just blended. Alternate adding flour mixture and yogurt until batter is combined.
- Place 1/4 cup of batter into the prepared cake pan. Layer with 1/2 of the streusel mixture. Add another 1/4 cup of batter and top with remaining streusel. Add remaining batter; pan will be very full, but should not overflow.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a wooden skewer or long spaghetti noodle inserted into the center of the cake comes out very clean, 65 to 75 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert the pan onto the rack to remove the cake.
- While cake begins to cool, mix confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt until icing is well blended. Poke the top and sides of the cake gently with a fork while still warm. Drizzle icing over cake. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may use slivered almonds and omit the chopping process. You can use sour cream instead of yogurt, if preferred.
- I have made this recipe with various flavors of yogurt, blueberry being my favorite. Don't be afraid to give others a try.
- You can use cream instead of milk for the icing, or you can omit the icing and enjoy this cake as-is.
- If using a Bundt® pan that has a dark interior, reduce baking temperature by 25 degrees after the first 45 minutes of baking.
- Do not bake the cake with a pan underneath the Bundt® pan, as this will not allow air to flow through the center of the pan.
Per Serving: 596 calories; 26.8 83.1 8.8 83 485 Full nutrition