Instant Pot® Vegan Korma
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"Spicy and flavorful vegan korma made in an Instant Pot®. There is a bit of preparation as with any korma, but cooking time is reduced, which helps free up time in the kitchen as well as saving the integrity of the ingredients. The result is a dish with larger pieces of vegetables you can sink your teeth into. This is best served with naan bread or brown basmati rice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 544
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Blend 1/4 of the onion, green chile pepper, 1/4 cup water, cashews, garlic, tomato paste, and ginger together in an electric blender, adding extra water if necessary, until paste is creamy and has the consistency of a pesto. Set aside.
- Combine cloves, green and black cardamom pods, bay leaf, cumin seeds, peppercorns, coriander, and cinnamon in a mortar. Smash using a pestle to break open spices slightly, 3 to 4 times. Thinly slice remaining onion quarters.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add smashed spice mixture and toast until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in oil followed by cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas, carrot, red chile pepper, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, and cashew pesto. Stir. Cancel the Saute function. Close and lock the lid.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in spinach and mix to help wilt. Stir in coconut milk and yogurt. Mix and serve with roasted cashews and cilantro on top.
You might also like
Per Serving: 544 calories; 38.7 45 12.9 0 449 Full nutrition