3 made it | 0 reviews |
"A traditional Mediterranean aioli is mixed with harissa paste. This recipe comes from the Northern region of Italy where they use a cooked egg and lemon-soaked egg yolks. This is delicious on just about anything. I like it with a frittata or oven-fried potatoes. It will last up to 4 or 5 days in the refrigerator."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 325
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and lower egg into the water. Simmer for 5 minutes until soft boiled. Remove from boiling water with a slotted spoon and hold under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel and allow egg to come to room temperature.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl and pour lemon juice on top; set aside.
- Peel garlic cloves and remove and discard any green sprouts running through the middle. Add garlic cloves to a blender.
- Place soft-boiled egg in the blender; season with salt and pepper. Drop in egg yolk-lemon juice mixture. Pulse a couple of times, then blend on low quickly, then blend on medium until smooth. Slowly add olive oil and blend at medium-high speed until an emulsion forms. When mixture has the consistency of mayonnaise, it is ready. Transfer aioli to a bowl; fold in harissa paste just until mixed.
- Refrigerate until use. Sprinkle with a pinch of ground cardamom before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 325 calories; 35.5 1.2 1.5 72 50 Full nutrition