Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bowl
"I always think of spaghetti squash as a winter dish, but it is great year-round. This microwaveable side dish is a terrific time saver and a fantastic veggie that is just cheesy-good. Great served as a side with lemon grilled chicken or served atop some garlic pasta noodles with a choice glass of wine. Your choices are unlimited, so start creating and bon appetite!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 89
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Pierce squash several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until soft, turning over after 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove and discard seeds. Using a fork, scrape insides of squash to form strands and place in a large bowl; reserve skins.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, cilantro, and 2 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to squash; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into spaghetti squash shells and microwave on HIGH until heated through, about 2 minutes .
- Top with hot sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are figure-friendly conscious, you can substitute low-fat Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Parsley can be used in place of cilantro, if preferred.
- You can also use cherry tomatoes instead of plum tomatoes.
Per Serving: 89 calories; 3 13.3 4.2 7 171 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1