Vegan Sweet Potato-Cauliflower Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 224
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add carrots and sweet potato. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until semi-tender, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, celery, garlic, and turmeric; stir well. Simmer, stirring every few minutes, until cauliflower is fork-tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, season with salt, and stir until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir sauteed onion, coconut cream, and dill into the soup. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl. Let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Taste and adjust lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Enjoy hot or refrigerate and serve cool.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute canola oil for olive and use 2 tablespoons coconut milk instead of coconut cream. You can also use 2 medium sweet potatoes instead of 1 large.
- Water should just about cover the vegetables. Do not add more water, or you will be left with a watery soup.
- If you feel during preparation that some vegetable chunks are over-boiling due to size, take them out into a large bowl, set aside, and continue preparation.
- If you would like to use a Nutribullet®: fill to the line with a good mix of the boiled vegetables (I recommend a roughly 3-2-1 cauliflower/sweet potato/carrot-celery mix), and add about 15 tablespoons of the broth. Puree on Low for 10 to 15 seconds, or until smooth.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 3.2 46.4 7.6 0 213 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1