"These pumpkin cookies are frosted with maple frosting. There has never been a person who has not LOVED these cookies, even those who do not like pumpkin cookies. It has been a family recipe for 35 years. It has won 1st prize at a cookie exchange and at a pumpkin contest at work. I usually triple the recipe!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 301
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix sugar and shortening together in a bowl. Mix in egg. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; mix well. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix until well combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Use small teaspoons or a cookie scoop to drop rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges turn golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat powdered sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until a frosting consistency is reached. Fold in maple extract until thoroughly combined.
- Spread maple frosting over the cooled cookies.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you live in a hot climate where buttercream frosting does not hold up, you can add 1/2 cup shortening to the butter.
- Unfrosted cookies freeze well.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 15.9 38.8 2.3 18 177 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1