Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 395
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt; place in the hot skillet. Sear until golden but not cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add butter to the skillet. Add onion to melted butter and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions have caramelized, 5 to 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring, until mushrooms have softened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning; stir until fragrant, another 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and farro; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add chicken breasts back into the skillet, nestling them into the vegetables. Cover skillet and simmer until farro has absorbed all the broth, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over chicken and vegetables in the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted and is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with remaining cheese, if desired.
You might also like
Per Serving: 395 calories; 13 39.3 33.8 85 1250 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Came across this recipe and tried it because the name sounded interesting. Should have known from the recipe ingredients that the dish would be no more inspiring than something Stouffer's would ...