Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 419
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix cream, oats, potato flour, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature to allow oats to absorb the liquid; paste should have the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until softened but still pale, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions to the oat paste and mix well. And ground beef and allspice; mix just until combined, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Oil your hands and roll mixture into meatballs of desired size, ideally smaller than a golf ball. Place meatballs on a sheet pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are hot, about 10 minutes. Let cool briefly.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Cook and stir meatballs, about 10 at a time, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Add milk as needed if paste is too dry.
- Once cooled, the baked meatballs are ready to freeze and pan-fry later, if desired.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 36.6 11.4 11.7 110 369 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1