Keto Tuscan Meatballs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I know what you must be thinking, "no eggs!?" When I first came up with this recipe, I was out of eggs, and it turned out just fine. These meatballs hold together very well due to the ground up onions and cheese, making them easy to handle in the pan. Garnish with basil and serve over zoodles, spaghetti squash, riced cauliflower, or enjoy as is."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 428
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 large meatballs)
- Combine Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl and lightly mix. Add beef and turkey; mix by hand until well combined. Form mixture into 8 large meatballs.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add meatballs to the melted butter and cook, uncovered, turning occasionally until a crust forms, 10 to 15 minutes. Cover and cook on low heat, turning occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes more. Transfer meatballs to a serving dish and cover.
- Add remaining butter to the pan and melt over low heat. Add spinach and stir until well wilted, about 5 minutes. Add cream and water; cook until reduced, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cooked meatballs and cook, 5 to 10 minutes, turning meatballs over every other minute.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe makes 8 large or10 medium meatballs.
- You can use oil in place of butter, if you prefer. I recommend the beef/turkey mixture, but pork works just as well. You could work the garlic down to a paste and emulsify with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of olive oil to create a garlic mayo/sauce to mix in with the meat.
- Note that dried tomatoes make a nice addition to this dish, but can be high in carbs.
Per Serving: 428 calories; 34.1 8.9 21.4 107 502 Full nutrition