Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 423
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with 1 teaspoon butter. Add 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese to the baking pan and shake gently, back and forth, until the bottom and sides are coated with Parmesan, discarding any extra.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add flour and stir until well combined. Turn off heat and whisk in milk. Turn heat to medium-low and bring sauce to a simmer; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce is thickening, mix together Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Layer 1/2 of the polenta slices in the prepared baking dish and top with 1/2 of the sauce. Repeat with remaining polenta and sauce. Top with cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Premade polenta has salt added. Be cautious when salting the sauce.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 24.5 32.5 18.4 71 820 Full nutrition