Baked Polenta-Beef Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is an easy casserole kind of dish that I came up with. Wanted something hearty and low maintenance. I make the polenta myself so no need to run to the store for a tube of it. Almost all of the ingredients are found in my cabinet. Hope you like this as well as my family does. I have made this so many different ways so try the original then play with it. I know I have and comes out great most times."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 497
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together water, cornmeal, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until combined. Cook, uncovered, stirring every minute until water begins to boil and mixture is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in American cheese and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour. Add cooked beef, corn, tomatoes and their juices, and oregano. Cook, uncovered, stirring every minute until mixture is bubbly and thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour into a casserole dish. Spoon polenta-cheese mixture on top.
- Cook in the preheated oven until polenta is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand, uncovered, for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a decorative casserole, pipe the polenta in a lattice design over the beef mixture, using a pastry bag with a star tip.
Per Serving: 497 calories; 29.3 31.3 28.9 102 931 Full nutrition